Logo
Print this page

History: Our Roots

It all began in Philadelphia in 1938, with a loving mother and a simple idea. Marion Stubbs Thomas approached a group of mothers with a vision for a new kind of club - one focused not on the mothers themselves, but on stimulating social and cultural relationships among their children - and instilling the values and leadership skills that would serve them well into adulthood. The concept was so inspiring it soon spread to other cities and other states. In 1947, Jack and Jill of America was incorporated under the laws of the State of Delaware as a non-profit organization.

Youth leadership and development is the heart and soul of everything we do, from our programming to our philanthropic giving and service to our communities.

Today, Jack and Jill of America is a nationwide organization with over 230 chapters in seven geographic regions encompassing 35 states and the District of Columbia. Membership has grown to over 10,000 mothers and associates, and more than 30,000 family members.

Jack and Jill Oakland County Chapter. All rights reserved | Site Design by Deesignz Web & Graphics Studio